Position at Amplitude Studios
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio's philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we're really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
As a Junior UX Designer, you will come and help us optimize our games to improve usability and create the best user experience possible! By working with our Senior UX Designer, Lead Designer, Executive Producer and external partner, you will:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, iterate with the design team and refine the game to create interfaces easy to use, effective and understandable for players
- Manage players' overall progression by helping designers to pace the unfolding of game mechanics.
- Understand Players/Games interaction (playtests follow-up) and define models, task flow and UI specifications
- Collaborate with teams to keep content user-friendly and digestible to all players
- Oversee the player onboarding process, from high level design to tutorial implementation, taking into account accessibility, progression, and player research results.
- Actively propose visual enhancements to our games, tools interfaces and document style in order to improve the accessibility of our games (icons' understanding, colorblindness adjustments, motion design...)
- Produce mockups for dev team review and iteration towards implementation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in design, ergonomics or other related field
- User-oriented with strong creative skills
- Good knowledge of ergonomic principles applied to video games
- Strong interest for communication, autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles by understanding their limitations (developers, designers, artists...)
- Stay current on the latest UX trends, techniques and technologies
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced iterations on the games
- Fluent in English
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- C# understanding
- Mastery of fonts and typography
- Good understanding of Axure
- Proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Able to create compelling icons
- Working knowledge of French
- Passionate about strategy games
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.