Summary Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
Alexander McQueen are in search of a worldwide Digital and Social Media Manager to join at a pivotal time for the house's expansion. Working in a highly creative and fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to a wide range of disciplines to manage the Digital Communication pillar to raise brand awareness, engagement and facilitate brand growth.
How you will contribute:
- Manage the brand's global social media channels, developing a seasonal content plan and locally relevant assets, including those for China (WeChat, Weibo, YouKu) and Korea (Kakao Talk)
- Work with the Digital Communications Director to come up with content strategy and ideas
- Liaise with global communications teams to roll out content effectively in their regions
- Develop digital brand assets from briefing the creative through to delivery, working alongside internal and external production teams
- Brief and oversee copy development for digital channels
- Work with Kering Media and the brand's internal Global Media Manager to plan and implement seasonal paid digital media campaigns globally
- from social media to programmatic advertising
- Work with the Wholesale and Franchise Communication Director to create assets and campaigns for our partners
- Work with Licensing partners to build and implement organic and paid digital marketing activities
- Responsible for managing and developing assets for Internal communications, including seasonal training, Workplace content and brand education tools
- Cross-functionally collaborate to use data analytics for digital business development
- Lead digital innovation projects globally including Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality with an omnichannel midset
- Manage a Digital Communications Graduate Trainee
- Working collaboratively with the Digital Communications Director and CMO to build a seasonal based strategy incorporating all aspects of communications
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive Digital Communications experience gained in-house within a luxury retailer of a comparable size
- Excellent eye for detail, product sensitivity and affinity to the house
- Creative thinker, with proven experience of proposing and implementing new ideas
- Fluency in English required with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience growing digital communication channels
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and proactivity
- Calm, professional and presentable
- Proven experience managing multiple global digital media channels
- Flexible and able to travel as part of your role
- Degree in a related discipline (English, Arts and Humanities)
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms
- gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation
- enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.