Business Development & Communications Coordinator
International law Firm Clifford Chance combines the highest global standards with local expertise. Leading lawyers from different backgrounds and nationalities come together as one Firm, offering unrivalled depth of legal resources across the key markets of the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
The Business Development, Marketing and Communications team advises on the strategy of the Firm on a global and local basis and seeks to identify business opportunities for the Firm. The team carries out internal and external communication actions in order to promote the Firm as part of the strategy communication plan. In addition, the team monitors business with clients and assists on and devises client focus programmes.
We are looking to recruit a Business Development & Communications Coordinator to support our Africa practice and our Casablanca office, working closely with the Business Development Manager for the Africa region, as well as with the global function. The Business Development & Communications Coordinator may be based either in our Paris or Casablanca offices and will report to the General Manager of the Casablanca office and to the Business Development Manager
- Africa, based in Paris.
This role consists of the following core areas of activity:
- Participating in winning new business, working closely with Partners and other business development managers and in particular the Business Development Manager for Africa, on local and regional initiatives (including those in Africa, Middle East and Continental Europe) and in particular initiatives led by the Casablanca office: assisting with the preparation of capability statements and pitching documents; creating and maintaining business development materials; conducting competitor, client and market-place analysis.
- Supporting strategic client relationships: assisting business development leads in developing and implementing strategic client plans and managing client teams.
- Managing information: maintaining lawyers' biographies; supporting the matter capture process and ensuring all relevant experience is recorded in the appropriate internal data-bases; responding quickly to requests for information; assisting in the preparation of annual legal directory submissions and submissions for appropriate industry awards; creating and maintaining appropriate client mailing lists.
- Research and analysis: producing detailed research to support practice-specific business development and marketing initiatives, including research on clients and industries in advance of pitches and client meetings
- Public relations and media: providing communications and media relations support for the Casablanca office as required, including assisting in writing internal and external press releases and other communications releases in collaboration with the Communications team based in Paris and in London.
- Marketing communications: assisting with identifying opportunities to position and raise the profile of the practice and Partners; assisting with the organisation of client events and seminars; supporting the production of client communications, including newsletters and brochures; developing and maintaining content for website and intranet; assisting with the production and distribution of client briefings and other thought leadership materials.
- Responsible Business: supporting Responsible Business strategy locally and in particular assisting the Firm in identifying pro bono initiatives across the region.
- Internal communications: working alongside the global internal communications team to include Casablanca stories in Firm-wide internal communications channels; carrying out and updating internal communication tools; coordinating projects with external providers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Key required skills and qualifications include:
- You will have an interest in and enthusiasm for the Firm's activities
- You will be pragmatic and have the ability to multi-task
- You will have strong Microsoft Office skills (Word; PowerPoint; Excel)
- You will ideally have had some exposure to intranet development and use of content management systems
- You will ideally have some experience with CRM software
- You possess excellent drafting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be important as well as excellent presentation skills
- You are a strong team player
- You are able to withstand pressure and to prioritise so as to respect deadlines
- You are degree qualified, ideally with post-graduate qualifications in communications and marketing
- You are well-organised and commercial in your approach.
Information about the Firm
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the world key markets and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Clifford Chance has 32 offices around the world. Every day, around 6000 staff members worldwide work together and with our clients to find solutions to issues arising in all aspects of business law.
Clifford Chance's Casablanca regional office is the leading international law firm in Morocco. Our office is a strategic platform for business in North Africa and West Africa. We have unparalleled experience in North Africa and West Africa and are able to coordinate these efficiently and seamlessly from a single hub, ensuring that each step is taken with an eye to both the ?big picture? and the nuances of individual jurisdictions.
We advise on a full range of legal services: Corporate/M&A, private equity, commercial contracts, Restructuring and insolvency, Funds structuring, Capital markets, market regulation, compliance and sanctions, Construction and project development, Project, acquisition, structured, asset, Islamic and corporate financing, Anti-trust and competition, Real estate, Intellectual property, Arbitration and mediation, Employment, Environment.
The lawyers in our office work closely with other specialists across the Firm's network, our clients demanding that we display a broad range of legal skills and bring Clifford Chance's domestic and international strengths to focus on each client's geographically diverse individual needs.
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, martial or civil partnerships status, race, color, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientations, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The Firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.