Compliance plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by developing and maintaining rules that govern our business globally. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit program infrastructure that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations and functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment. Luxembourg Compliance team has the responsibility for oversight of the consistent implementation of Global policies and practices whilst ensuring regional and country nuances are adopted to take into account local law and regulation.
The person sought will form part of the growing Compliance team and will support regional and global compliance initiatives and programs within the WM line of business and within the entity as necessary. The role will include line of business advisory cover for PB personnel in Luxembourg, as well as the central European regulatory framework on branches and outsourcing as it relates to JPMBL's PB activities. The role will also include involvement in work associated with regulatory interaction associated with JPMBL PB, the delivery of specific responses to supervisory bodies and involvement of any relevant examination or deep dive activities, notably with the CSSF, ECB and CAA.
The role will necessarily require strong interaction with regional teams across the compliance framework, Regulatory Management and advisory teams to support consistency and ensure JPMBL considerations are adequately covered.
As J.P. Morgan continues to invest and grow the business the current opportunity will seek someone with a strong regulatory and compliance background to advise on core compliance obligations within the European regulatory framework, including but not limited to;
The role will report to the JPMBL Head of Line of Business Compliance;
- Provide Compliance advice to support all areas of the PB business in particular but not limited to EU regulation and banking requirements (Governance, Outsourcing, and Data Privacy), Cross Border, Review of new products, Insurance, Conflicts & Fiduciary Risk;
- Partner with Regional and Global Compliance function for to check for consistency and leverage best practices for the PB Business;
- Keep abreast of regulatory and legislative changes and provide advice to enable the business to implement changes and operate in a compliant and controlled manner;
- Review regulations and related regulatory mapping analyses, and work with divisional partners to advise the relevant owners on the development of policies and procedures within the legal entity and across other group legal entities as necessary;
- Develop close working relationships within the bank and line business to engender a culture of compliance within the business;
- Contribute to the performance of Compliance risk assessment, testing and monitoring program, and new business regulatory reviews and where necessary coordinate within the legal entity and across other group legal entities as necessary;
- Advise on the content and quality of PB submissions to our regulators, taking action where necessary;
- Taking a supporting role in day-to-day PB communications with regulators where necessary, supporting Regulatory Management and when needed act as the lead SME for the PB LOB on relevant regulatory examinations, reviews, information requests or other specific deliverables;
- Advise on permissions, passporting and the interaction of Luxembourg and European regulatory regimes.
Strong background and experience in a banking, asset management or risk management environment, or financial services from a legal or regulatory perspective;
- Good knowledge of key financial services regulation and EU regulations, including UCITS and AIFM Directives. Prudential regulatory experience preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in the financial services industry, investment funds knowledge, including marketing, distribution and fund management would be advantageous;
- Proven knowledge of local and EU bank regulatory requirements (Governance, Outsourcing and Data Privacy) and ability to translate them into operational/process requirements;
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality results on the local and firm-wide Compliance program;
- Team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skill;
- Self-motivated individual who is eager to learn more about the financial markets and regulation;
- Positive professional and can-do attitude;
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized manner, prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- University Graduate;
- Strong command of English language skills combined with German preferred. Additional French language skills a plus.;
- Ability to summarize complex topics concisely and drive practical outcomes;
- Strong judgement and the ability to exercise sound judgement under pressure when faced with imperfect information;
- Evidence of working on the delivery of projects or implementing process change required.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.