Amplitude's mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Following our recent series F funding round of $150M, and subsequent listing on the NASDAQ, Amplitude continues to experience phenomenal growth across all business metrics and we continue to scale and develop our teams globally.
About The Role & Team
Reporting to the Vice President, EMEA you will help us establish and drive success across your region, as we continue to rapidly scale our Field teams over the remainder of 2021 and beyond. The ideal candidates will already be successful sales leaders, with a passion for getting things done and who thrive in a very fast-paced environment - and who will relish scaling our business across multiple geographies. You will also embrace, embody and lead with our core values ever present: Humility, Ownership and Growth Mindset.
As an AVP of Sales, you will:
- Drive the strategy for hiring, on-boarding and training new Enterprise AE's and coach them on best practices in selling Amplitude.
- Additionally, providing 2nd line management for a team of Account Executives via a Regional Sales Director.
- Build and develop a strong and diverse team of sellers.
- Be responsible for your regional GTM strategy definition and implementation.
- Understand the core metrics of Enterprise business, and use them to forecast the performance of several countries.
- Support in coaching and executing key deals via onsite (when viable) and remote engagement with customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure field marketing, product marketing, demand generation, and sales engineering are allocated appropriately for success.
- Plan and communicate the path for growth per your region both in a formal annual planning capacity, and on an on-going basis.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you are:
- You have over 5+ years of leading multiple geo based Enterprise SaaS sales teams - ideally in the Big Data, Analytics, Mobile or MarTech space.
- You're data driven and use metrics to understand how to coach and manage the qualitative elements of the business.
- You love hiring and recruiting the best possible talent and you're also passionate about building a strong, diverse world-class Enterprise sales team.
- You have a playbook for executing complex Enterprise deals and you know when to leverage it and when to leave it behind.
- You're passionate about getting hands-on with your sales leaders and team, to drive their success - you believe in and create a "servant leadership" style culture.
- You have a track record of leading outbound sales motions and are a process orientated leader, able to fully implement and manage their business via chosen sales methodology (with preference for MEDDICC).
- You enjoy helping scale a high-performance Enterprise business and identify and tackle the things we need to do in order to substantially grow the region's revenue year over year throughout Europe.
- You are fluent English, with additional languages such as French, German, Spanish or Russian being a bonus.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we're tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with health related benefits, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness benefit, a 12-week parental leave, a generous personal Learning & Development budget, and equity for all new hires.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform- we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We're super proud of what we've built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We listed on the Nasdaq via #AMPL on 28th September, 2021.
- More than 1,200, including 26 of the Fortune 100, are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have teams based in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo and Germany.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude's D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.