BioInnovation Labs (BioLabs), established in 2009 and headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is the premier network of co-working spaces for life science startups. We are enabling innovation to make the world a better place through interaction with the smartest and most motivated people in the world and we are seeking a Communications & Events Coordinator in Paris, France, to contribute to the development and execution of our business plan and long-term growth strategy. Through a rapidly growing network of global locations (currently ten in US and two in Europe), our collaborative lab space model is uniquely designed for scientific entrepreneurs to test, develop, grow, and commercialize their game-changing ideas. Each location supports entrepreneurial scientists with premium, fully equipped, and supported laboratory and office spaces alongside unparalleled access to capital and industry partners.
Reporting to the Site Director, the Communications & Events Coordinator at BioLabs Hôtel-Dieu, located in Paris, France, is the primary contact for sponsors, BioLabs employees and resident companies, ensuring high-quality events and programming are executed smoothly and professionally. The ideal candidate has experience with events management and planning online events, developing, and implementing marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and monitoring their success. The Communications & Events Coordinator will also oversee and provide creative input regarding marketing and promotional materials, including website content, publications, newsletters, fact sheets, press releases, social media, external communications, and branding. Strong project management and marketing communications skills are essential, and a strong interest in the medical and scientific fields. In addition, we are looking for someone who enjoys working with a small team, has an entrepreneurial mindset, and takes ownership of projects. Working on international projects in conjunction with a high level of attention to detail is vital. Video editing, design skills, and foreign languages are a plus (fluency in French and English are mandatory).
- Coordinate and plan meetings with BioLabs employees, sponsors, and vendor partners.
- Organize and plan online and in-person events (resident-only and public), designed to promote collaboration, resident networking, and a fun atmosphere.
- Help create, coordinate, and manage event presentation content.
- On-site coverage and troubleshooting during all events.
- Create and maintain standardized event documents and develop event engagement surveys.
- Organize and compile event data metrics.
- Manage and coordinate event budgets.
- Coordinate and prepare material for mailings and meetings, including printing of name tags, attendee lists, marketing materials, etc.
- Create and distribute a recurring digital newsletter for residents and external contacts to communicate events, announcements, sponsors, partners, and resident highlights, and other content as decided with local team.
- Develop and implement global marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and collaborate with global team to coordinate communication efforts.
- Determine strategic communications campaigns that will help further organizational goals.
- Oversee company digital tools and platforms.
- Oversee and coordinate all company social media content, strategy, and communications.
- Support launch of online
- Develop standard procedures and document ?Best Practices.?
- Create interesting and engaging graphics for BioLabs France to use on social media.
- Plan for content publication and synchronize communication about various events and activities.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in event coordination or event administrative support
- Minimum of a license degree (3 years) or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Ability to work independently, with little direction
- Responding to and acting on member and public feedback
- Confidence and maturity in dealing with high-level public and private officials
- Highly organized and flexible with experience supporting multiple projects
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting or beating deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and polished and professional demeanor, both in English and French
- Customer service focus
- Knowledge of social media codes and trends
- Knowledge of design tools (Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Suite or equivalent) and use of Wix, knowledge in coding is a plus
- Video editing skills are a plus
- Minimum a license degree (3 years) or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
BioLabs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.