We develop tech solutions that are accessible to all, easy to implement, and that eliminate purchase friction.
For merchants, our instalment and deferred payment solutions are excellent ways of increasing customers' loyalty and satisfaction, as well as generating up to 20% extra sales revenues without any risk. and they generate an incomparable level of satisfaction with 64 Net Promoter Score.
For consumers, the purchase experience is enhanced (4.7/5 on Trustpilot) and Alma helps them handle their budget easily. They pay later, Alma pays the merchants right away.
We are the leader in France and are on track to win the European market on the (very) hot Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) industry, as we're now processing payments in 10 European countries. Over the past 3 years, more than 7,800 merchants have chosen Alma to be their innovative BNPL solution, and we have served over 1.7 million consumers.
The team has grown from 2 to 350+ people
Purpose of the job
To raise awareness of the Alma brand within the retail ecosystem, generate and nurture leads and support brands in their business performance, we create memorable and unique events:
- Which are merchants, partners or end-consumers centric
- Which are differentiating, big, and bold but yet classy
Moreover, we create both physical events (trade shows, masterclasses, VIP dinners, meet-up) and virtual events (webinars).
In short, Alma's events are driven by one thing: offer a unique experience and provide added value.
To accelerate this momentum and develop our presence in France and abroad (Spain, Germany, Belgium, Holland, etc.), we are looking for an Event manager.
Reporting to Louise, the Events & Community Lead, you will participate in the organization of these events.
? Main missions
You are able to organise an event from A to Z:
- You identify all the tasks and create a retroplanning
- You are the orchestra conductor between several teams: Revenue teams (sales, partnerships, customer success and marketing), D2C & Engineers
- You are a jack of all trades: you can imagine and design a booth (with design team) as well as organize a masterclass with a brand (with sales and content teams) or organise a party in an exceptional location for 150 people, always in line with the vision of the events
- You manage all the leadgen activations (work the Growth team to create flows) & communication on social medias and so on
- You manage logistics & providers
- You are responsible for monitoring the budget
- You are responsible for the ROI of your events
? Main internal & external interactions / stakeholders Internal
- The Revenue teams (marketing, sales, customer success & partnerships)
- D2C & Engineering teams
- Core teams as Finance or Legal
- Trade shows organizers
- Different kind of providers (caterers, photographers, etc.)
- Events agencies
? Skills & knowledge Hard skills - theoretical knowledge
- You have a master in event marketing, project management or equivalent
- 3-4 years of experience would be appreciated
- You have a B1+ level in English: you can express yourself both orally and in writing
- Relevant experience in a fast-paced environment (early stages)
- Processing & structuring
- You are creative and think outside the box
- You have the ability to take a subject head-on to make it a success: taking initiative, anticipating problems and solving them when necessary, being extremely thorough, and remaining calm and relevant even in stressful situations.
- You have very good writing skills
Soft - behavioral skills
- You are a fun-loving person with a smile
- Supportive & have a team spirit
- Stress resistant
Conduct of the interviews
- A visio with a member of the People team
- A visio with Louise, our Events & Community Lead,
- A case study and its restitution
- A visio with Benoit, our Head of Marketing
- A coffee chat with the marketing team