DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity And Challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of ?DNA-write.? We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
We are looking for a Global Marketing Events coordinator to manage the planning, coordination and execution of events designed to generate awareness of and interest in our products and technology in the genomics life science markets. In this role you will be expected to work collaboratively with commercial stakeholders to build and regularly review an events plan aligned to an annual budget. You will also work cross-functionally and with external resources to identify the deliverables required for each event and the timely fulfillment of those deliverables. You will be expected to provide regular updates and to stakeholders regarding the strategy, planning, and execution of all commercial events. You will be expected to support the tracking and reporting of key performance indicators related to events to monitor and improve the return on investment.
- Work with marketing, sales, channel partners and business development teams to define an event calendar, tactical plans, and coordinate execution of all event-related activities from email campaigns and digital programs to tradeshow setup and activities in support of awareness and lead generation efforts.
- Identify events aligned with commercial objectives, engage event vendors, identify sponsorship opportunities, and serve as main point of contact for event vendors.
- Coordinate logistics for tradeshows including managing a budget, ordering show services, shipping, and show activities such as workshops or tutorials.
- Manage global execution of events including sponsorship deliverables, registration, travel coordination, booth and equipment setup/breakdown, staff training and scheduling, logistics and documentation requirements.
- Travel to trade shows and events to manage logistics and coordination.
- Review and report on metrics for trade shows and events.
- Coordinate design and layout of trade show related collateral, promotions, and materials.
- Track and review trade show campaign effectiveness to ensure continual improvement.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a marketing role with an emphasis on event coordination. Preference given to candidates experienced in scientific markets.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferred.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing fundamentals, tactical planning, and content development.
- Familiarity with major scientific conferences, conference vendors, and service providers, preferred.
- Demonstrated success achieving deadlines under pressure with a high degree of visibility.
- Efficient and effective communication with cross-functional teams, executives, and customers.
- Extremely organized with the ability to track and report results, prepare teams, and coordinate logistics.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with experience in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated bias for action and results, but with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent written, presentation, communication and collaboration skills with experience presenting to diverse scientific and business audiences.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel globally, on an average of 30% annually
- Job located in Paris, France.
- Start date: As soon as possible.