Who we are
Sendwave is on a mission to make sending funds to loved ones as easy and affordable as sending a text. What makes us stand out in a sea of similar apps? We deeply care about the diasporas and communities we serve - and that comes with a sense of connection to the markets we operate in. We strive to make life better for everyone who touches our product. That means recognizing and honoring the human experience behind sending money. We do that by remaining fee-free in most of our markets and offering round-the-clock customer care.
Our app is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and parts of Europe, and sends funds to 19 receiving countries for over 500,000 users. We currently have a 4.6-star rating on Trustpilot - people put their faith in us to deliver their money quickly, securely, and affordably. And we're pretty darn proud of that.
How we work
What we're most proud of though is our brilliant, creative, and tenacious team. Our remote-first workplace means you'll be working with Sendwavers in Europe, Africa, South America, and the U.S. that all share a core set of Sendwave values. What exactly are those values? Glad you asked.
- Prioritize fearlessly.
There will always be more problems to solve and opportunities to pursue than we have the capacity for. We're not afraid to say no and are willing to let fires burn, knowing that to win we must discern and execute decisively on the vital few rather than the important many.
- Take full ownership of the outcomes we're responsible for.
Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It's to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn't work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
- Forge a diverse team and inclusive culture.
We believe the challenges we're addressing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together. We're not naive to the systemic bias and discrimination that make this easier said than done, so we check our egos, listen deeply, and measure progress towards making this a fundamental part of our success.
- Maximize our rate of learning.
We view projects as ever-evolving drafts and welcome opportunities to discover that what we had in mind won't work so we can move to an even better end state. Most importantly, we do this fast. The faster we run these loops - as a company and individuals - the faster we'll achieve our mission.
- Embrace embarrassing honesty from ourselves and others.
We function best when we're open and honest with one another - especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- Maximize energy, not time spent.
We measure our own and others' contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
How you'll help us achieve it
- Work with our Market Launchers and Product Marketers to identify high-reach media and online opportunities to ensure we scale quickly and efficiently as we open new corridors and add new services.
- Work creatively and diligently to source, negotiate, manage, and act as key contact for all aspects of partnerships with public figures and media channels focused specifically on the communities we target. This includes but is not limited to:
- Represent Sendwave on large community events for the public, as well as on TV and Radio
- Build and test new strategies aimed at scaling our growth efforts. Past activities include partnering with other brands to accelerate growth, developing and managing phone campaigns and producing educational content for social media
In the first months you'll...
- Play a key role in accelerating the growth of 1-2 new sending corridors (for example: US to Philippines)
- Act as the primary owner of all media partnerships in at least one mature sending corridor (for example: US to Nigeria)
- This role requires up to 15% work on evenings and weekends for attending events and meetings with partners in different timezones.
- Location: Our company is 100% remote.
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- Native or fluent English and French
- Work authorisation: You must possess the right to work in the country you are applying for
- Three+ years of work experience in sales or project management in a fast-paced working environment
You might be a good fit if you
- Navigate networks confidently. You know how to rapidly find and engage with highly connected people to help you access large media partners
- Build rapport easily with different types of people and maintain great relationships over time
- Present a brand with confidence, answer hard questions, and generate positive sentiment
- Negotiate competently and can persuade potential partners to try unique long-term partnership models
- Enjoy owning and managing several projects simultaneously. In this role you would navigate and reprioritise between different types of activities including: research, strategy, negotiation, and serving as Sendwave's 'spokesperson'.
- Have proven experience in project management of different sizes: from ideation to execution to collecting and analysing learnings and identify opportunities for improvement
- Quickly absorb new cultural settings and understand how they might impact Sendwave's strategy
Bonus points if you
- Are fluent in another language, example Haitian Creole, Arabic or Spanish
- Are familiar with some of the diaspora communities we serve
- Have experience in production/ PR / sales / business development
- Have experience meeting aggressive numeric targets
And best of all:
- Our team of over 400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces - making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company. We're excited about the ways we can collaborate and continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.