Please note that the role is location independent and can be performed from any EU country where there is a Sony office.
We are looking forward to receive your application!
The top line
We are looking for a B2B Senior Event Manager who will report directly into the Director of B2B Marketing Services. You will plan and deliver a programme of Exhibitions & Events making sure you are on-time and on-budget. You will responsible to plan the complete lifecycle for mostly 2 big main exhibitions per year and you will be occasionally required to manage some other local events. You will be working closely with several internal stakeholders and also external vendors.
- To lead the planning and delivery of the (currently) two major International Exhibitions; IBC in Amsterdam and ISE in Barcelona.
- To lead and manage a team of 3 Event Project Managers, delivering a programme of approximately 100 smaller local events per year in Europe countries and UK.
- To understand the requests from stakeholders in Europe and Japan HQ and devise the best solution within the given conditions and time. Making decisions to implement them and giving instructions to vendors on site.
- Occasionally to visit local events to advise staffs and solve problems that arise on site.
- To work with the Sony Design Centre in Europe to ensure a consistent style for the Sony B2B brand.
- To contribute to the Pan Europe Marketing Communication management team on wider issues across the various communication disciplines.
Who You Are
- Experienced in the Exhibition and event Industry, with the emphasis on Exhibitions
- Proven understanding of the wider Marketing mix, and the role that face-to-face plays in the customer journey
- Good Microsoft Office 365 skills
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Robust Project Management skills and techniques
- Able to multi-task under time pressures
- Project Management Qualification (i.e. PRINCE
- Relevant CIM modules
- Basic AV & Network technical understanding
- Experience in International Event Logistics (freight)
What You Can Expect From Us
At Sony, we value our people, so on top of a competitive salary, bonus, and excellent benefits including discounts on Sony products, you will be supported with your own career development, have access to an extensive range of Learning & Development courses, and some incredible internal mobility opportunities.
Bring your uniqueness to Sony
We recognize that each and every one of us is original and different. Diversity and inclusion are in our DNA, they drive innovation. We empower our people to achieve one goal: to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology.