Localisation :Rte De Thil, 01120 Montluel, France
Role: Area Sales Manager / Responsable Commercial Export (H/F)
Location: Montluel, France or remotely from another EU country
Contract type: Full-time
Build a career with confidence
At Carrier, you're joining the world leader in healthy, safe, sustainable and intelligent building and cold chain solutions. We create solutions that matter for people and our planet - and our employees are the heart of it all. We are a company of innovators and problem-solvers who are united by The Carrier Way - our vision, values and culture.
As an employer of choice, we strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. In short, Carrier's greatest assets are the expertise, creativity and passion of our employees - and we're excited for you to join the team.
About the role
As an Area Sales Manager you will be overseeing and participating in various Outside Sales and customer relationship management processes.
You will be responsible for representing the company's interests and building business's relationships to enhance outside sales performance.
This position implies up to 50% travel to clients' sites and offices throughout the area of operations to generate sales, maintain and develop relationships to expand current customer sales and grow customer base.
- Act as a main contact person with prospects, develop a professional relationship and understand the customer needs to suggest products and/or services to meet customer demands;
- Lead business development activities for prospects within defined customer segment to support the business strategy;
- Examine market opportunities and potential customer needs;
- Contact new customers to discuss their needs, explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services
- Identify bid opportunities, prepare bid responses, negotiate with potential customers, build and maintain customer relationships to win projects;
- Participate as the management team representative on prospective target accounts;
- Establish personal long-term customer relationships with prospective accounts to influence opportunities;
- Attend trade shows at times to increase the visibility of the organization.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in sales and business development on international scale (ideally countries in Africa) within the HVAC or industry-related field
- Technical background and knowledge of HVAC systems would be an asset
- Very good demonstrating and presenting skills when explaining technical backgrounds and product information to clients
- Strong negotiation and excellent communication skills
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team
- Positive approach and a will to learn
- Flexibility for frequent travel
- Fluency in English and French
We are committed to offering competitive salary and benefits programs for all of our employees and enhancing our programs when necessary.
Our commitment to you
Our greatest assets are the expertise, creativity and passion of our employees. We strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. We strive to create an environment where you feel that you belong, with diversity and inclusion as the engine to growth and innovation. We develop and deploy best-in-class programs and practices, providing enriching career opportunities, listening to employee feedback and always challenging ourselves to do better. This is The Carrier Way.
Join us and make a difference.
Carrier est engagé dans l'égalité des chances et l'inclusion. Toutes les candidatures qualifiées seront examinées dans le respect de la réglementation et un accompagnement spécifique sera fourni à la prise de poste.
Notice de confidentialité du candidat au poste :
Cliquez sur celien pour lire la Notice de confidentialité du candidat au poste