The mission of The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) is to bring together consumer goods manufacturers and retailers globally, in pursuit of business efficiency and positive societal change. As a business association, our staff is highly skilled and dedicated to developing programmes and solutions for large corporations. We employ a diversified workforce based in five regions. Our people make us the effective, influential, and successful organisation we are today.
The Consumer Goods Forum is hiring an Officer for its Events team. The role involves supporting all aspects of event management, from initial planning to logistics and on-site delivery. There is a strong tech aspect to it with the management of events through digital/app tools. The CGF organizes four regular events a year, as well as smaller/on demand in-person and digital ones in between the major events. Events gather from +200 to +1200 participants, targeting C-Level business decision makers. International travel will be required.
The Officer will report to the Events Strategic Planning Senior Manager.
This is a full-time permanent position based in the CGF headquarters (Paris area).
We offer generous company-sponsored benefits as well as an attractive teleworking policy.
As an Event Officer at the Consumer Goods Forum, you will:
- Support the events process throughout from planning to delivery as well as post event follow up and analysis
- Keeping updated with the latest and most suitable technology to support the ongoing development of our event app and to provide a good event experience.
- Management of event app before, during and after events
- Setup of the registration tool and work with our registration agency to manage groups & contingencies for CGF events (including invoicing process)
- Support on management of events sponsorship (contracts and orders entered in Salesforce, creation of exhibit kits, on-site logistics and support, post event follow-up)
- Ensure delegate experience and event accessibility is continually improving and adapting with sector trends (sustainable events etc.)
- Run post-event ROI and statistics to better understand our audience's expectations, market trends, and provide recommendations for future events.
- Manage the tech aspect of ad hoc internal digital events
Event Officer, you will likely have:
- 2-3 years' experience in event coordination, or another relevant profession (essential)
- Good knowledge of event related technology (app management/setup, registration tools, social media etc.)
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and develop effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals
- The ability to manage many tasks at one time, and actively prioritise when necessary
- Remains calm under pressure and has a pro-active, energetic, and flexible approach
- IT literate - Google Workspace/Internet/Salesforce.
- Be able to travel internationally (minimum three times per year)
How to apply
Please send your application including a curriculum vitae and a cover letter in English to the attention of Sandra Gautier under the reference Events Officer.