Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions.
A pioneer in industry cloud, according to Forbes, “Veeva is at the heart of two explosive megatrends: the cloud, and life sciences.” The company topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 600 customers range from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
We are in search of an exceptional leader to drive marketing for Veeva’s growing European business.
The Vice President of Marketing, Europe is a key member of Veeva’s European leadership team and will help drive EU regional growth, building upon the company’s strength in existing markets, as well as helping establish Veeva as a leader in new markets.
We are looking for a proven marketing leader who is customer-oriented, a strong team builder, and excels at long-range marketing planning and execution, as well as communications.
You will lead an exceptional and cohesive European marketing team so must have experience hiring, mentoring, and retaining top talent and managing high performing teams.
You are also a key member of the marketing leadership team, whose aim is to build a world-class marketing function and ensure strong cross-team collaboration.
- Translate Veeva Europe’s goals into effective integrated marketing strategies and campaigns for key geographies, product lines, and customer segments that support achievement of quarterly and annual goals
- Build, inspire, and lead a marketing organization that delivers against marketing goals, with clearly defined roles, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies
- Devise and guide local marketing models to ensure Veeva is well established in new markets within EU and local programs are highly efficient and effective
- Oversee the development and execution of thought leadership and communications programs throughout Europe, with a particular focus on industry trades
- Ensure the function scales through successful cross-collaboration and gains leverage, where possible, from what’s produced in other geographies, particularly the U.S. and likewise proactively shares programs and lessons-learned from EU
- Develop and manage EU marketing budget, measuring and optimizing marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and demonstrate ROI
- Minimum five years of marketing leadership experience in a high-growth technology company
- Experience across marketing disciplines in Europe, particularly communications, demand generation, and product marketing
- Proven track record of hiring, mentoring, and retaining world-class marketing talent
- Demonstrated communications expertise with exceptional verbal communication skills and a clear and persuasive writing style
- Excellent operational and project management, including the ability to manage diverse projects and multiple priorities under aggressive timelines and expectations
- Ability to organize, remain productive, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and have an immediate impact in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Must be a creative, flexible, hands-on marketer that’s comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done even in the face of time, budget, and resource constraints
- Collaborate team player with great interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Strong budget management and marketing measurement skills with a track record of managing budgets preferably in excess of $1 million annually
- Experience working in the European market
- Bachelor’s degree required
Nice to Have
- Experience in marketing multitenant cloud solutions
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies.