Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in France and as such all normal working days must be carried out in France.
Join us as a Trading & Portfolio Management Vice President
- This is an opportunity to grow your network and deepen your trade and risk management expertise
- You'll be working closely with our teams in London and Paris to support the underwriting and risk management of Private Financing transactions for NatWest Markets NV
- If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, this could be your ideal role
What you'll do
As a Trading & Portfolio Management Vice President, you'll lead the pricing, execution, and risk management of Private Financing transactions and products, with a particular focus on our Repo & Risk Transformation (R&RT) and Relationship Lending business lines.
Your work on R&RT will focus on widening our client base, developing new products and relationships, liquidity management and firm financing, while your work on Relationship Lending will span across our vanilla lending portfolio and associated hedging, covering both investment and sub investment grade customers.
Day to day, you'll be:
- Booking and recording timely and accurate desk transactions
- Managing risk positions and designing and executing hedging strategies
- Creating innovative trade ideas and supporting marketing activities
- Supporting portfolio analysis and our first line of defence risk management agenda
The skills you'll need
You'll need trading and risk management experience to thrive in this role, along with proficient Python programming skills.
In terms of your knowledge and experience, you'll demonstrate:
- Experience of managing market and credit risk
- Knowledge of fixed income products, including repo, securities lending, TRS, STIR, FX, CDS, IRS, cross-currency basis swaps, bond borrows, and structured notes
- Knowledge of lending products and hedging instruments
- Proficiency in credit analysis and credit approval processes, bank liquidity and capital metrics, ALM management, bank capital and RWA utilisation
- A desire to develop your skills and knowledge across the Private Financing product set
And your core skillset will include:
- Strong organisational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- A quantitative mindset
- The ability to multi-task and work well under pressure