Purpose of the role
- Actively prospects and leverages potential new business opportunities within specified Customer/Accounts.
- Accountable for business development goals within a given territory
- Penetrate, nurture, manage and retain global pharmaceutical/CRO organizations
- Secure and retain business for Evotec through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at new or existing clients
- Position Evotec as a primary or preferred provider for all development services
- Develop territory to maximize gain
- Establish territory plan to tier clients
- Cooperate with Marketing and Operations to showcase Evotec
- Participate at Evotec internal initiatives as given
- Cultivates strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers with Account and develops deep knowledge of the Customer/Account organization.
- Analyses potential opportunities and develops detailed business plans and sales strategies for each Customer/Account. Monitors actions and results against plans.
- Identifies and responds to Customer/Account needs to define potential Evotec opportunities. Ensures appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to Customer/Account.
- Works with Operations to identify sales team and prepare presentation. Educates team participants in Customer/Account culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Leads the entire sales process, including identifying the appropriate team for pitch and preparing and leading the sales presentation.
- Coordinates with the Proposal Development Group to develop proposal and Operations to finalize strategy and pricing.
- Handles follow-up related to the sales and facilitates completion of contractual documents.
- Ensures appropriate hand-off to project team by transferring knowledge on Customer/Account needs and expectations.
- Shares Customer/Account strategies and sales plans with Operational Managers.
- Coordinates with Operational Managers to escalate and quickly address Customer/Account issues/concerns.
- Seeks input from Operational Managers to proactively address Change in Scope, new opportunities, or customer dissatisfaction.
- Works with Operational Managers to ensure Changes in Scope (CIS's) are appropriately negotiated with the Customer/Account.
- Maintains high visibility within Customer/Account organization.
- Monitors Customer satisfaction through regular formal and informal surveys.
- Coordinates with Project Managers/Directors to ensure Customer/Account needs are being met and address concerns/issues in a timely manner.
- Evaluation of market and competitor situations on an ongoing basis to bring perspective to Evotec decision making and to generate leads for pursuit, analysis, negotiation and closure.
- Interact with operations and marketing to close new business and develop long-term relationships.
- Interact with BD colleagues from other Business Units to gather integrated momentum and maximize Evotec gain.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- The role will require an established network and standing in the pharmaceutical industry at appropriate levels, and substantial experience in managing collaborations and relationships
- Solid technical background coupled with professional sales experience
- A natural team player but also a leader, a decision maker, and able to see him/herself as part of the broader mission to grow value
- Showcase some team leadership experience, have the potential to lead teams and take over more responsibility in the BD leadership team. Alternatively be a product/service specialist who is supporting other BDs to be successful (on top of own territory)
- Strategic thinking paired with the drive of a hands-on player
- Available to travel for business
Education and Qualifications :
- Education: Advanced degree in business or scientific discipline, preferably a MSc or BSC in natural sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Medical)
- Work experience : Demonstrable 5 years minimum of competency in sales or business development preferably for a CDMO or CRO or relevant company providing services to the healthcare industry.
- Significant proven experience of working successfully in a sales role for complex service offerings
- Special Skills/Knowledge: Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong detail orientation and an ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment. Strategic business awareness and results orientation. High-level skills in Microsoft Office and other standard software. French/English mandatory.
FR : Dans le cadre de sa politique Diversité, Evotec étudie, à compétences égales, toutes les candidatures dont celles des personnes en situation de handicap.
ENG : In the frame of our Diversity policy, Evotec considers, with equal competences, all applications including people with disabilities.